- Oralia Michel Marketing & Public Relations is founded.
- Oralia Michel joins colleagues to form Hispanic Public Relations Association, serves as founding Board Member.
- OMMPR joins team to launch the International Food and Merchandise Expo (IFME). IFME, a consumer event and trade show, showcasing the best in Latino sabor was successful in 1985, ’86 in Pasadena and Anaheim.
- OMMPR produces the first Expo as part of the first National Hispanic Media Conference and Expo in Miami. This milestone event was to be the national platform for the formation of three national Hispanic associations. OMMPR produced subsequent Expos in '87 Los Angeles, '88 Dallas, '89 San Juan, Puerto Rico, '90 San Francisco.
- Oralia Michel teams with founders to start AASUL, Assistance with Alcohol & Sobriety Uniting Latinas, a community service program dedicated to educating Latinas about alcohol abuse.
- Oralia Michel is instrumental in the launch of the now famous Mariachi USA Festival at the Hollywood Bowl, bringing the classical sounds of mariachi music from Mexico and across the United States to a world-class stage. The concert was sold out in it’s very first year, due in large part to Michel’s marketing strategies!
- OMMPR produces the first and second annual Latina History Day Conferences for HOPE (Hispanas Organized for Political Equality), leading to the creation of Latina History Day in California.
- Michel creates the theatrical retrospective, Reflexiones, featuring the life stories of unheralded Hispanas. This theatre-in-the-round production was highly acclaimed and a highlight of the Latina History Day conferences.
- The Reflexiones stories were published in book form as Women of Hope, Biographies of Hispanic Women. Michel also authored biographies for Notable Hispanic American Women, an encyclopedia of successful Hispanic Women.
- OMMPR spotlights multiculturalism at the Hollywood Bowl with 1,000 American and Japanese singers performing the “DAIKU” (Japanese for Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony) in German.
- OMMPR teams with The Trust for Public Land to develop the Los Angeles River Greenway vision with extensive community outreach efforts.
- OMMPR launches first-ever Hispanic marketing initiative for the Queen Mary in Long Beach with special events and Hispanic market public relations.
- OMMPR breaks new ground spearheading the Hispanic Market campaign for U.S. Latino communities and Latin America for the grand opening of Los Angeles’ famed J. Paul Getty Center.
- OMMPR was a key player in the visible success of Los Angeles’ Spanish language radio stations, KLVE 107.5 FM and KSCA 101.9 FM, each reaching number one and two spots; and holding those positions for over 3 years,.
- Michel combines cultural traditions co-producing Jewish klemzer music and mariachi music with “Viva Klezmer – L’khayim Mariachi”, a performance at the John Anson Ford theatre created in conjunction with Yiddishkayt LA.
- OMMPR executed the 25th Anniversary marketing campaign for King Taco Restaurants. An integrated campaign with sweepstakes, advertising, public relations and special events implemented in honor of 25 years and 25 restaurants. OMMPR represented KTR from 1989-2000.
- OMMPR celebrates its Quinceañera, 15 years of excellence, delivering top-notch public relations and marketing services to clients. Oralia Michel is awarded numerous commendations for entrepreneurial achievement.
- Michel begins the new millennium with a look towards the future, invigorated by her accomplishments and inspired by her new focus on the environment, entertainment, and food.
- OMMPR is tapped by the creator and founder of Expo Comida Latina, Michel’s former boss and her company, International Trade Information (ITI), to lay the groundwork and provide marketing counsel and public relations for this important trade show. The Latinization of American tastebuds moved into hyperspeed.
- OMMPR proudly worked as a member of the award-winning team that developed Common Ground from the Mountains to the Sea, the San Gabriel and Los Angeles Rivers Watershed and Open Space Plan.
- The comprehensive plan was awarded the American Planning Association (APA) Award for Comprehensive Planning Large Jurisdiction in 2002. OMMPR was responsible for the awareness and outreach campaign to all cities and communities in the region.
- Closing the Historic Arroyo Seco Parkway (a.k.a. the Pasadena Freeway) for ArroyoFest, a bike ride, walk and festival, on a Sunday morning in June, was a historic feat.
- Michel was a key member of the organizing steering committee whose mission was to connect the communities of the Arroyo Seco in order to improve the quality of life for area residents with a focus on the environment and sustainability.
- Teaming up once again with ITI, OMMPR works on expanding palates by capturing the spotlight for this trend in the billion-dollar restaurant industry. The International Cuisine Pavilion at the National Restaurant Association Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show was a successful initiative to bring food from all over the world to the U.S. restaurateurs and foodservice industries.
- OMMPR implemented public relations campaigns for three consecutive years.
- OMMPR, 1984-2006, the first, and longest operating, Latina-owned, independent Hispanic public relations agency in the nation is bought by New York based Taylor Public Relations to establish Taylor PRimero and expand services to the Hispanic market.